JIRA HTML gadget formatting issue

MarkW September 16, 2013

I have enabled the HTML gadget for dashboards. If entering a simple paragraph and viewing the dashboard, it's fine. If we maximize the gadget the rendered output is formatted badly. Here is an example of the code:

<p>To submit a Production Support Request, select the appropriate support group below to get started.</p>

Here is the good render:

To submit a Production Support Request, select the appropriate support group below to get started.

If I maximize the gadget to make it go the full size of the dashboard, I get the following:

+
To+submit+a+Production+Support+Request,+select+the+appropriate+support+group+below+to+get+started.

All text gets reformatted to include a '+' sign where there would be a space. HTML links are broken, as well as CSS formatting. Only way to resolve is to restore the gadget back to its normal size and refresh your web browser.

Has anyone experienced this or know what I can do to combat it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2013

Hi Mark, it is a bug and it has been raised in our tracking system which you can refer to: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27410

MarkW September 16, 2013

Awesome. Thanks for the link. I have voted and watched this issue.

Jacek Gębal December 3, 2015

I still see the bug, though it's over 2 years since it was reported. Is there a chance for fixing it? Using JIRA v6.4.7

Suggest an answer