JIRA : Group by components

donikian February 11, 2014

I would like to use one of my filters on the dashboard that is grouping the tickets by components.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2014

Grouping by field X is done by whatever you are displaying your filter in. So you need to look at what you're doing on the dashboard.

There's not a lot more I can say here, I'm afraid your question is nothing more than a vague "I want", and without detail of what you're trying to achieve, I can't tell you any more.

donikian February 17, 2014

Thanks for your answer Nic. I agree it's vague. So here is really what I need. As a manager, I would like to have more globale stats on what has been achieved and what is still to be done.

My demands (tickets) are all parts of a specific component in my project. So instead of having the stats on my demands, I would like to have for example :

component X / 2 tickets todo, 3 tickets in progress, 10 tickets done

component Y / 4 tickets todo, 5 tickets in progress, 2 tickets done

donikian February 17, 2014

Thanks Nic, that's very helpful.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2014

Ah, now that's a nice clear spec, and it's a doddle too.

• Create a filter that catches all the issues you want to report on (I'd start with "project = ABC", but you can be as clever as you want with it). Save it with a sensible name
  • Create/amend a dashboard
  • Add a "2 dimensional filter statistics" gadget, with settings
    • Filter: My sensible filter name
    • X axis: status
    • Y axis: components

Feel free to reverse the x and y selections if it makes more sense. The rest of the options are not so important, but play with them to see if they're helpful (I like ticking the "totals" box myself, can be quite useful)

Suggest an answer