JIRA - Gmail Incoming Mail Server not creating Issues

Michael C. Melusky November 3, 2017

Hi, I set up a gmail account which users can use for emailing and creating issues in JIRA.  I initially set it up as POP3, and then switched it over to IMAP.  Any ways when running the test I receive a message like the following:

Test Run Results
Summary:
4 messages read from the server.
4 new issues created.
Found 4 unprocessed message(s) in the imaps folder.
Creating issue with summary 'Do one more test and hope an issue is created' and reporter 'XXX@YYY'
Deleting Message 'Do one more test and hope an issue is created'

Does this test actually create the issue?  I looked in the recent issues for the project and these weren't created.  Also the emails are still in the inbox in Gmail as well.  

Also are there any additional configuration changes I need to schedule this process?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Moga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2018

Hi Michael,

Does this test actually create the issue?  I looked in the recent issues for the project and these weren't created.  Also the emails are still in the inbox in Gmail as well. 

I don't think this needs to be answered since you already found the answer. :)
The test run will not create any issues and will not do anything in your mailbox as well.

Also are there any additional configuration changes I need to schedule this process?

You don't have to do anything to schedule it. The Mail handler in JIRA has its own scheduler which will run the service periodically.

I hope that this helps.

Cheers,
Moga

Michael C. Melusky February 16, 2018

Hi Moga,

I logged into JIRA one night and saw that the issues are now being created automatically using the messages in the Gmail inbox.  Not sure why it started working after the initial trial period, or what was changed, but everything appears to be in good shape.

Thank you again for your help.

--Mike 

Moga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2018

Heya Mike,

Glad to know that everything is in a good state! I will mark this as answered. Do drop a comment here if you need any further assistance.

Cheers,
Moga

Suggest an answer