JIRA GIT Repository Connector

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2013

DVCS connection is used for integrating GitHub or Bitbucket with JIRA but I would like to connect Git internal repo to JIRA. Is it possible?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

Hi Srinivas,

Actually the only way to connect JIRA with Git repositories (not GitHub) is by Git Version Control Viewer. This is a 3rd party plugin that requires aditional licensing.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

Hi Lucas, Thanks for your information. I was aware of this but a doubt arised on why Atlassians is not having any proprietory/own plugin for Git and so i just double checked.

T3rm1 May 15, 2013

What? So what does Fisheye do? Or Stash?

Stefan Saasen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2013

To address T3rm1's question:

FishEye and Stash can be connected using the JIRA FishEye/Stash plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jirafisheyeplugin

T3rm1 May 16, 2013

Thanks for making this clear. Lucas' comment implied the 3rd party plugin is the only way to connect Jira to Git.

0 votes
Dmitriy Kalabin June 20, 2017

Are there free plugins or options for connecting GIT?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2017

Hi Dmitriy,

I don't know of any free git plugin for Jira. We are using Git Integration for Jira. It works well, but is not for free. 

0 votes
Anton October 5, 2016

Hello

Is still the case, that the only way to connect JIRA to a private git repository is with a 3rd party plugin?

0 votes
T3rm1 May 15, 2013

What? So what does Fisheye do? Or Stash?

Suggest an answer