JIRA Fisheye Plugin direct source download link missing

Mark Miller August 27, 2014

Hi there,

We used to have a direct download link to the SVN file in JIRA under the source tab. We have upgraded to the latest version of the plugin and now we only have a link directly into Fisheye.

Is there any way to reactivate this link (was displayed as a delta icon).

This was extremely useful for our deployment process.

Appologies if this has already been asked, but I couldn't find anything.

Regards,

Mark

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2014

Hi Mark,

This option is not available anymore in latest versions, though there is a suggestion to have this back in the new Development Panel, as you can see at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-39047<br< a="">>

I would suggest adding any comments to the issue above as well as voting on the issue to create it's popularity and likelihood of being implemented in a future release.

For more information on how Atlassian implements new features and improvements please see the following document: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEV/Implementation+of+New+Features+Policy

As a workaround, I'd like to present you two options though which you could download your content:

Option 1:

- Click on the file name:

- You'll be taken to the file diff:

- Select the same changeset in both lists:

- Click in Raw to Download:

Option 2:

- Click in the Changeset number:

- Click to the view source:

- Click in Raw to Download:

I hope this helps.

Mark Miller August 28, 2014

Hi Gusatvo,

Thanks for the answer ... we are using the workaround, but it is rather combersome. I guess we will just have to live with it for a while (hopfeully not too long).

What was the reason for removing the feature?

regards,

Mark

gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2014

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure why this was removed, but I think it could be to have a more "clean" panel (as it is still possible to go to FishEye and download the content there, though this requires more clicks), but as it was a development decision, I'm not able to confirm this right now. We understand many customers like this feature, so the suggestion I previously sent was raised to have this back.

I'll let you know if I have an answer for this from the Development Team.

Suggest an answer