JIRA: Filtering by resolution time

Hi there!

I'm trying to filter some JIRA issues by time of resolution, but can't seem to figure out how to do so.

I've looked everywhere for an answer, but haven't been able to find anything.

I was trying to find something along the line of "resolved = (created - 5m)", but JIRA doesn't seem to support such operations.

Can anyone help or direct me to a plugin and/or something else that'd be able to do such a thing?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes

You can try the jql functions in script runner plugin. You can use the expression function to do something like:

issueFunction in expression("", "created > resolutiondate - (5 * 60 * 1000)")

If by 5m you mean 5 minutes, then you have to expand to milliseconds as in my example, which makes it a bit ugly. You can use d or w for days/weeks (covered in the docs).

I need to make it so you can use resolved instead of resolutiondate...

Oh, use greater than or less than operators, not equals as in your question. Equals won't return any hits unless the issue was resolved the same millisecond it was created.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

171 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you