JIRA Filter that Displays main ticket with other linked ticket or subtasks in order

Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2013

I am trying to create a filter that displays our main customer ticket, it then lists any linked tickets which would be the development ticket and any subtasks. I have not been able to really get any query to work so far. I have an example of how it should be ordered. Any help is appreciated.

ES0001-403 Risk Hold Flag

WDE360-43 Risk Hold Flag dev work in

WDE360-44 Add Funds Risk Flag to database Merchant Record

WDE360-45 Add Funds Risk Flag to the Merchant Boarding Process

WDE360-46 Update the Merchant Details Screen to Display the New Flag

1 answer

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

Bryan,

You could do that by using Groovy Script Runner. Install the plugin and enable the JQL functions (should be done automatically after installation). You can query tickets with linked issues as:

project = XXX and ((issueFunction in hasSubtasks() and issueFunction in hasLinks("Is Related to")) or issueFunction in subtasksOf("")) ORDER BY Key,type

What this query does is listing the parent issues with links and subtasks and by ordering key and type lists them below. You can add more filters by filtering them by labels etc.

Suggest an answer