JIRA Filter by sprint??

Tudor Hofnar December 16, 2012

How can I create a filter to show all issues which were finished in a particualar GH sprint?

For example, I want all issues for project x in sprint 18 by assignee? I tried this but I don't get only sprint 18....any ideas?

project = X AND assignee = user1 and Sprint = 18 ORDER BY Rank

5 answers

1 accepted

22 votes
Answer accepted
Jamie February 26, 2013

I know this question is a little old, but incase anyone comes across this via Google (like me). The solution to get issues in the "current" sprint(s) is as follows:

project = X AND Sprint in openSprints()

I'm not sure when the openSprints() function was made available, but this definitely works with the current version of Greenhopper.

Tudor Hofnar February 27, 2013

Cool! This will definitely help us out, have you come across any way to display all issues in a previous sprint or are we still limited as menitoned in the other answer?

rhartzell December 5, 2014

Just what I was looking for. Thank you.

Miguel Angel Salas Solis February 6, 2019

Hi, is there a way to filter tasks that a month ago were not assigned to a sprint?

For instance, I have 20 tasks that currently are assigned to a sprint, some of them to Sprint 1 and others to Sprint 2, but I want to know which of them were unassigned a month ago... is that possible?

Apparently "Sprint was EMPTY after date1 before date2" is not an option.

Thanks

LilaTournier April 1, 2021

Do you know why i would get this error?

Unable to parse the text 'project = DGCW AND Sprint in openSprints()' for field 'text'.

1 vote
Shawn Beeson January 28, 2015

Sorry for tagging on to this, but what if I want everything that is NOT in a Sprint....I want a "Planning Board" that shows all backlog items that have not been assigned a sprint value

Sjaak Overgaauw March 2, 2015

This is exactly what I was looking for. Is there a workaround for this or is it simply not possible

Administrator March 4, 2015

Well for such a case this works well: project = <yourprojectname> and Sprint is EMPTY We use this to keep a check on all backlog items. Hope this helps.

edgar lopez April 27, 2016

Does the buiilt-in backlog not do this for you?

Umer Arif April 2, 2019

You can use either sprint = EMPTY or Sprint = NULL. These will both return all issues not in a sprint

1 vote
brettveen April 28, 2014

I found this Knowledge Doc helpful: https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/UQTfFw

1 vote
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2012

Hi Tudor,

Is that the sprint name or the sprint ID (even though your sprint may be called Sprint 18, it is referenced by a numerical id in the DB)? If you hover over a link to that sprint, you should see the sprint ID in the URL and can use that in your JQL. Let us know if that works for you!

Thanks,

-dave

Tudor Hofnar December 17, 2012

is there any way to rather than set it to a specific sprint, set it to the current sprint running in GH? I can't seem to find the sprint ID and would really like it to show based on the current sprint. Basically I need a chart/report to show a user how many hours are remaining for the current sprint, on the issues that are assigned to them. Is there an easier way that what I am doing? I am using an issues statistics report with the filter as mentioned in my previous post and showing the time remaining field on the report. Thanks for the help!

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2012

Because the concept of a current sprint only exists inside the view of that board (and you can even run parallel sprints on one board), there isn't a way to filter based on this. Unless a particular report on the board is a better choice, it sounds like you are already getting all the information that you can.

Suggest an answer