JIRA Filter by sprint order by sprint ID

Yoann GUIRIMAND November 25, 2013

Hi

I'm trying to create a filter to order my issues per sprint, to see the one that have been the most postponed from 1 sprint to another. What I've been able to achieve yet is:

issuetype in (Bug, Task) AND status in (Open, "In Progress", Reopened, Resolved) and Sprint is not EMPTY and Sprint in openSprints()

The recent issues only have 1 sprint. My latests issues can have been postponed 3, 4, 5 times and have up to 5 sprint IDs

What I'm trying to get is either to order by sprint ID (ASC) either to order by the one that has the most sprint IDs. Something like this:

issuetype in (Bug, Task) AND status in (Open, "In Progress", Reopened, Resolved) and Sprint is not EMPTY and Sprint in openSprints() ORDER BY sprint ID ASC

or

issuetype in (Bug, Task) AND status in (Open, "In Progress", Reopened, Resolved) and Sprint is not EMPTY and Sprint in openSprints() ORDER BY Count(sprint)

Any idea ?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2013

Hi Yoann,

Can't you just order them by created date and see which one are the oldest and still not solved?

Be aware that in Jira Agile, an issue can only be part of one sprint so you'll need to keep the old sprint id's in a custom field if you want to do it like that.

Just wondering.

Best regards,

Peter

1 vote
Yoann GUIRIMAND November 25, 2013

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your answer, but ufortunately that's not acceptable solution for me yet. I have some issues in my backlog created long time ago, then planned for 1 particular sprint (for example sprint with ID = 5), then due to delays, I have to postpone this issue to sprint 6, then 7

On the other hand I can have another issue, created at the same date, but initially planned for sprint 7. When I arrive on sprint 7, this one is not late. If I have to postpone on sprint 8, it becomes late, but less than the one initially planned on sprint 5

Hope it clarifies

0 votes
Vanessa Grimes December 4, 2018

I was looking for an answer as well, and found one by accident, so I thought I'd share for future searchers:  ORDER BY Rank DESC, since the ones ranked higher will be in the sooner sprints, and the ones ranked lower will be in the later sprints (then backlog lower still).

0 votes
Luke Timms February 2, 2015

I need this too, I guess the issue is that we can name a sprint anything. Surely it has an internal label thats not 'Monkey works sprint 44' more a ref code. 

Some really logical features are frustratingly missed. 

Suggest an answer