JIRA Filter Using Order Logic Based On Filter Results

Peter Milakovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2013

The goal is to have a report showing all JIRA issues that were ever assigned to an associate in my group.

I'm attempting to use the following filter in JIRA:

Project = Abends AND created >= startOfMonth() AND created <= endOfMonth() AND assignee was in (DT01781, DT03430, DT14833, DT14242, DT21947, DT25940, DT28802, DT10498, DT25238, DT20636, DT19317, DT29796, DT19506, DT37403, DT09973, DT25965, DT05773, DT38857, DT39542, DT59228, DT14203, DT66309, DT81630, DT72977, DT79512, DT75970, DT87215, DT78483, DT75980, DT80849, DT72634, DT87716) ORDER BY assignee ASC, status ASC, created ASC

The problem is the results. It currently displays the current assignee, not the 'assignee was in' list in my filter. How do I display the results, broken down by the ID's I've listed in my filter? And if this is possible, will it display using the ID, or the actual name associated?

Is this too complex, or am I missing something?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2013

There's nothing wrong with your query. What you are missing is that JQL is for finding issues, NOT reporting on them.

The list you are getting is right. You are then displaying the list of results in a function that reads the details and displays them (such as the issue navigator). That function is built to render the current values for the fields selected. It has no possible way to know that you want to display something other than, well, what you (and the developers) have told it to render.

You're going to need a spot of code to get this one - something that will pull out previous assignees from the issues.

Peter Milakovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

I agree, the query is showing exactly what it's told, I was just hoping it was smart enough to understand that the assignee had been defined in the query, and would be able to dynamically order the query by it.

If this is impossible without special code, I'm assuming by going against the underlying data, that's what I'll have to do.

Thanks!

0 votes
Peter Milakovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2013

It should count for both.

0 votes
Peter Milakovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2013

It should count for both.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2013

This is pretty complex, and what are you going to do when 2 of your people had the same issue assigned to them?

Suggest an answer