JIRA Field Names Running Together On Screen

Hello,

I'm setting up a new issue type & some of the field names they'd like are really long. I know I could give a short name & then put the long part in the description, but they'd prefer to just have the long names. The problem I'm running into is that the field names are running together on the screen, making some of them unreadable, in addition to not looking great (see image below). Is there anything I can do to force more spacing between the fields or anything? 

Thanks for the help!
KeriOS Review Screen.png 

2 answers

0 vote
Boris Berenberg Community Champion Jan 13, 2015

I just tested this in JIRA 6.3.5 and the problem did not reproduce. What version of JIRA are you using? Do you have any JS running in your descriptions or in the announcement banner? Does it happen in all browsers? My guess is that something external is breaking the UI.

Looks like something is indeed disabling standard UI. Even the Create button is located on the left (while should be on the right).

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Posted 13 hours ago in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

36 views 0 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you