JIRA Field Names Running Together On Screen

KeriB January 13, 2015

Hello,

I'm setting up a new issue type & some of the field names they'd like are really long. I know I could give a short name & then put the long part in the description, but they'd prefer to just have the long names. The problem I'm running into is that the field names are running together on the screen, making some of them unreadable, in addition to not looking great (see image below). Is there anything I can do to force more spacing between the fields or anything? 

Thanks for the help!
KeriOS Review Screen.png 

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2015

Looks like something is indeed disabling standard UI. Even the Create button is located on the left (while should be on the right).

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2015

I just tested this in JIRA 6.3.5 and the problem did not reproduce. What version of JIRA are you using? Do you have any JS running in your descriptions or in the announcement banner? Does it happen in all browsers? My guess is that something external is breaking the UI.

Suggest an answer