JIRA Features

Sofia Oses April 23, 2014

I am using JIRA as evaluation to see if it could meet the needs of the company that I am working for.

I am testing the software but I could not do what we need. Please, could you inform me if JIRA is ready to face the follow features?

• Create projects with issues but between dates where an issue start date depends on previous issue end date.
  • Define problems in issues that delay the end date and therefore delay the next issues. Then these schedules changes can be notified (via email) to the responsibles of issues.
  • Everything shows in a workflow with dates (like a calendar)

If these features are available, could you please inform me where I can find the current documentation about it?

Many thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Sven [Dione Technology]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2014

Hi Sofia,

I can't see an in-build functionnality doing what you describe.

JIRA is flexible enough to create plugin suitable for your specific needs. https://developer.atlassian.com

If you have no knowledge in development (JAVA + JIRA), you could contact an Atlaissan Expert (as Dione Techonlogy)

Could you please clarify your last point ?

Sofia Oses April 23, 2014

As I understood, I cannot do such as things with standard JIRA software, just I could develope a plugin to do what I want.

The last point means if my project, with every issue, can be shown in a calendar with dates where the user can clearly identify the past, present and future of the project.

Many thanks for your information.

Suggest an answer