JIRA - Facing Problem - Linking Issue with Task

Vikas Sharma December 29, 2017

Hi, 

I have a task which we are treating as a Requirement.

We have few "Test cases" testing this Task. I created the Test cases. On each test i clicked on - More - Link and established a 'tests' relation with Task.

So basically - 'Test case' tests "Task".

When i checked "Task" under Issue links - I could see the test cases coming up.Everything is fine till now.

However, In issue links i can see two rows now. Example -

Issue links:

Is tested by:

Test Case 1

Test Case

------------------------

Tested by:

Test case 3

Test Case 4

Now under Traceability report and on the Requirement status bar on Task - Test case 3 and test case 4 appears(which have relation - tested by).

However, Test case 1 and test case 2 doesn`t appear(which have related - is tested by).

I am not sure how categorization of "is tested by" and "tested by" is happening.

Request help on this.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2018

So when you create a new issue link type in Jira, you are forced to create both the inward and outward descriptions of these links.  This is also explained in Configuring Issue linking.

Basically this difference of "tested by" vs "is tested by" is likely being caused by the source location where this issue link was created from.   Since you see 'is tested by' on this issue, that means this link was created from the other linked issue and actually was not created directly from that issue you are looking at.

Suggest an answer