JIRA FAIL OVER implementaion- File system will mount to other server

Nagaraja February 6, 2013

I have deployed the JIRA and tomcat in a shared file system which is shared between two linux server.

If failover occures entire file system will mount on other server.

After failover tomcat will start in other server and start serving the JIRA requests.

Is this the recommanded way for JIRA file over ? Please share the drawback.

Note : 1. There are is NO cold stand by. Entire file system will mount on other server.

2. For database we have different failover approch . that is taken care.

Your response is appriciated !!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2013
Nagaraja February 6, 2013

Nic. No This is not the duplicate.

What i was saying is different.

We will not share only application related data. We will mount entire file system to other server.

Can u please check that question again.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2013

Ah.

I am terribly sorry

That was not clear to me in the question, it was phrased in a very similar way and I completely misunderstood. I don't think we can reopen a question.

That will work fine, with a couple of caveats:

1) The licences may fail. This is not a huge issue - your "developer" licence is valid for fail-over situations, and it's easy to relicense the system as required.

2) You must make sure the first Jira is shut down - you must not allow more than one Jira to run against the disk.

By the way - this IS pretty much a "cold standby" scenario...

Suggest an answer