JIRA Event Listener Question

gil November 2, 2017

Hello - In JIRA, I can catch an issue update event, for example.  I like to know if JIRA would fire this event, only after the changes are saved to the system, or it's fired during the saving of the data.  Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2017

By default listener fires after the issue has been changed

gil November 3, 2017

That's what I thought too.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2017

Hello,

When you create a transition you must define the event which will fire during this transition. It a standard post function. There is also a standard post function called Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database. If you order your event before the mentioned function then listener will fire before the issue was saved. If you order the event after the mentioned function then the listener will fire after the issue was saved

gil November 3, 2017

Hi Alexey - in this case, it's not in my definition in the transition.  Basically, I write a event listen plugin to catch update of an issue.  So when a user update a field in an issue, I catch that event and do something.  I want to know if the data is all saved, and the issue is indexed, before JIRA sends out that update event signal.  I think that is the case but I am not sure.

Suggest an answer