JIRA Emails not getting sent

Hi All

We are on jira5 and until last friday all jira notification emails were being sent to its users automatically. However since Friday notification emails are being stuck in the mail queue (not error queue).

Today morning i had to manually flush around 5K notification emails and all were sent in an hour or so. The problem is i see that emails are geting queued again in the mail queue and are not getting sent automatically. (they get sent if i manually flush them)

How can i fix this problem? What can be the possible root causes for this?

Rahul

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Timothy Chin Community Champion Aug 26, 2013

Is your mail queue service present and running? You could restart your JIRA so that it picks it up again.

hi Timothy

restarting jira has solved the problem. but i have still not clear on the root cause of the problem? Any pointers? there is nothing in the logs.

Rahul

Timothy Chin Community Champion Aug 28, 2013

Could be the service that just died :)

HI Timothy

i think that was the case. I restarted and it was all fine

Rahul

Did someone increase the delay of the mail service? Or are there any error in the logs?

HI Jobin

nopes, the delay on mail service is still 1 min. No errors in the logs. Any ideas on what could have triggered this?

PS: the issue was resolved after restart.

Rahul

What does your log file say about it? Any errors listed?

HI Randall nopes there is nothing in the logs....

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

49 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you