JIRA: Email This Issue - Templates for workflow postfunction

David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2013

I'm wondering if anyone has tried this: I am using a recent veriosn of the email this issue plugin for JIRA and have implemented a workflow postfunction. All is well but somehow I can't seem to find an option to use a email template in the post function. Am I misisng something?

Thanks and cheers, David

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
kris February 25, 2013

What I did was go to the JETI configuration to the Templates section and add the template I wanted. I then went to the Context section and added the appropriate project & set it to the template I wanted. Last I added the workflow postfunction. I added some very specific words to the templates so I could be sure that's what I was receiving and the test I did worked. To be honest I'm still trying to figure it all out, so I hope I understood your question correctly.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

Ah, so the context defines which template is going to be used in workflow post functions?

kris February 25, 2013

Yes, I believe so. This could be a problem if you need different templates for the same project/issue type I think, so maybe there are other ways to do this as well? But I only need 1 template for the whole project so I wasn't as concerned about that. Their documentation leaves a bit to be desired huh?

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2013

thanks a lot, I didn't came across this thought :)

0 votes
JoeR September 12, 2013

It should be in the list of post-functions.

<label for="com.metainf.jira.plugin.emailissue:email-this-issue-post-function">Email This Issue</label> The Email This Issue Post Function Plugin

You don't need to use a context unless you want to.

You don't need to create a Jeti template unless you want to.

It's very flexible.

0 votes
JoeR September 12, 2013

The post function name is...Email This Issue

sorry the above previewed differently!

Suggest an answer