JIRA Datacenter Node communication ports

Jesse Wisener August 9, 2016

Over what port do JIRA Datacenter nodes communicate with each other? I am unable to locate this information in the documentation. I need to run the nodes with the OS firewall enabled. When I enable it, I see these errors in the nodes:

...threw a connection exception. This could mean that a node has gone offline or it may indicate network connectivity difficulties. Details: Connection refused to host: CU019; nested exception is: 
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

They go away when I disable the firewall. I am able to hit the nodes in the browser successfully using port 8080, as I have opened that port in the node firewalls. 

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Jeff
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2016

At a guess, this would seem to be port 40001 based on the JIRA Datacenter installation guide.

image2016-8-9 14:25:31.png

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/installing-jira-data-center-802592197.html

Jesse Wisener August 10, 2016

I read that, and also saw that port mentioned in the logs, but opening 40001 over TCP and UDP did not resolve the issue. Thanks for your reply.

basecom March 13, 2018

Hey @Jesse Wisener had the same problem. 40001 only was not enough. Because the logs didn't indicated which logs should be open I opened for the nodes between all ports and this helped immedetialey.

Sana Safai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2018

There are a lot more in the 30000-60000 range. 

Suggest an answer