JIRA Database Values Plugin quick edit mode 'ajax-style input field', the suggestion input box is no more inline

Jean-Pierre Chiri May 28, 2012

I use the last plugins version (v. 1.4)

I use it in JIRA 5.0.5

In quick-edit mode (edit pop-up)

When i use 'ajax-style input field', the suggestion input box is no more inline with the source field that i'am editting (cf image)

When i am not in quick edit mode, everything is ok :

Don't know if there is a css trick or other to arrange that :!

thank you for the feedback.

3 answers

0 votes
Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013

Version 2.0 has been released which now uses jQuery instead of Scriptaculous. You might want to try to see if that improves things for you.

0 votes
Jean-Pierre Chiri June 25, 2012

There is a quick workaround : put the field on top position of your screen configuration. If you cannot, move them to another "Tab" ... on top position.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Screen

The big problem is in link with the use of: Scriptaculous

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/svn/JDVP/trunk/src/main/resources/css/database-values-plugin.css

That css seems correct, but It is interpreted by scriptaculous as "position=absolute;" + indication of top position etc...

I don't know how to force inline, i try to edit that css, nothing right.

The only good answer will be to force the style of

<div id="databasevalues_list_customfield_10001" class="page_name_auto_complete" style="position: absolute; left: 150px; top: 148px; width: 329px; display: none;">

to

<div id="databasevalues_list_customfield_10001" class="page_name_auto_complete" style="position: relative; width: 329px; display: none;"> something like that or "inline in place of relative".

hope there will be a better answer soon.

0 votes
Stefan Geyer June 11, 2012

I'm on Jira 5.0.1 with plugin version 1.4 and have the same issues, even more pronounced as in the screenshots above. The alignment of the ajax-type field is way out! Please fix this as your plugin is a great way to query external DBs and saves us a lot of time!

Suggest an answer