JIRA Dashboarding

Andrew Butler July 20, 2017

Hi,

First time poster!

I have been tasked to create a brand new dashboard which we will have on the screens in our MIS office, this needs to shows unassigned cases which come in from users, also other data like how many cases per users and how is the most common case creator etc..

Our current one we have had is a bit dated and so needs a new one. Anyone got any samples I can see of how they have dealt with this?

Also the one thing I really wanted was a way of either colouring in newly created cases or have them flashing or even making a sound upon newly created ones?

Thanks,

Andrew

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

Hi Andrew,

Can you post a screenshot of your current dashboard so we know where you're starting from?

For your second question:

- Why don't you put the newly created cases in one specific gadget (ex: Filter Results), make the gadget header red in color, add a useful gadget title (ex: New Issues), and place it at the very top of the view?  You could use JQL to include only issues created within the last X hours.  That could help those stand out from "all the other requests."

- This is a total hack, but I too have wanted an audible sound when a certain condition has occured.  Since JIRA doesn't do it, I use my email client to play a sound when a JIRA notification message matches a certain condition.  You can do this in Thunderbird, for example, with a free plugin called "Mailbox Alert."  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/mailbox-alert/  I'm sure other email clients could do something similar.

Hope this helps,

Rachel Wright

Suggest an answer