JIRA Dashbaord Export

Garima Shrivastava August 29, 2012

I want to export my dashboard to excel. I performed the following steps but not able to export the data in Excel:

1. Right clicked on Dashboard; selected Export to Microsoft Excel.

2. Web Query box appeared, saved the query.

3. Now whrn I am trying to open the Microsoft Office Excel Web Query File in Excel it says caanot download the data.

Can anyone help me with this or provide me any other solution to export Dashboard to Excel.

Thanks in advane.

3 answers

2 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2015

Although your question is quite confusing, these may smile be answers for you:

You can export a dashboard to PDF as written in this tutorial. Note: this is about exporting dashboards (also including chart-type gadgets), not about exporting the issues from Issue Navigator.

It looks like this:

jira-dashboard-pdf.png

First, Excel may not be the best format to export JIRA dashboards to, as the charts in JIRA are rasterized images (or SVG), not the same representation used by Excel.

If you want to re-produce the charts in Excel, use the Better Excel Plugin. It allows to export JIRA issues, and create any chart from the named range that encompasses the issue list! See this tutorial.

It is actually super-powerful and looks like this:

excel-chart-result.png

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2012

Hi, did you set the Issue Navigator as your home page instead of the normal gadget Dashboard? Can you let us know which version of Excel you are using? It's definitely worked for me.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2012

Excel 2003 has worked for us. Hi and what browser you are using? You can only export the list of issues with either all your fields or your currently configured fields. Then you may create a chart/graph from the excel itself, but you cannot export it as a predefined graph.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2012

Ah, good point. If they are not talking about the dashboard at all, and using the issue navigator, then it is an option (hence my three attempts to get them to answer the question "where are you clicking").

This function is prone to networking problems, and only more recent browsers and spreadsheets support it properly.

I am using Excel 2003. I want to Export my Dashboard only with the Graph view. Is it possible??

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2012

I don't understand this. There is no "export to excel" option on dashboards so you need to explain where that is coming from first...

When I right click on Dashboard there I can see Export to Microsoft Excel. It creates a Excel Web Query file. When I am trying to open it, its says Getting Data and then an error message appears.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2012

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

None of the systems I use have "export to excel" when I right-click on Dashboard.

Where are you getting this function from? It sounds like a browser plugin of some sort to me, so you'll need to explain that. Tell us EXACTLY where you are clicking - what Jira screen are you on and which bit you are clicking. What other options do you get?

I am on JIRA Dashboard page. When a right click my mouse, along with Print, Print preview I get this option Export to Microsoft Excel.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2012

Still sounding like a browser function to me, especially with "print" appearing (what are the other options there?). Which browser is it? Can you try another browser?

I certainly don't get an excel export option when right clicking. I am now 99.99% sure that it's something in your browser and not Jira. You'll probably need to fix whatever is providing that.

and again,

Tell us EXACTLY where you are clicking - what Jira screen are you on and which bit you are clicking.

Suggest an answer