JIRA Custom Field Display configuration

Vaidehi Iyer April 16, 2014

Is it possible to have 2 fields displayed next to each other in the same row?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

Not without coding or tampering of JIRA code!

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

Depends. If you want to show the existing custom fields in 2 rows, you will need to tamper with code which I don't recommend. A good option will be to create another custom field which has the look and feel you need and either store details in the same field or use that field as a proxy to capture details for the existing fields.

Vaidehi Iyer April 16, 2014

Does it require extensive coding? Have you tried it?

Sneha Sheth April 17, 2014

Hi Jobin,

"A good option will be to create another custom field which has the look and feel you need and either store details in the same field"

Which custom field type are you referring to?

Thanks.

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2014

I meant creating a new custom field type in a plugin!

Vaidehi Iyer April 17, 2014

Does market place not have a plugin that can provide this feature?

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2014

I haven't one but there are a lot of plugins out there which I haven't tried out. You should definitely do a search before developing one yourself.

0 votes
Ahmed_Bilal April 17, 2014

If both fields are select you can use cascade select. Otherwise you can do this by writing css and javascript in description of custom field.

Suggest an answer