JIRA. Creating ticket. Change assignee which is predefined in Workflow.

Ivan Kovnatsky August 19, 2013

Hey fellas.

Could you please advice if one can change default assignee, which is defined in workflow on "Create Issue" transition?

The purpose is that: normally to create tickets with assigned to `nobody-user', and be able to change assignee if possible?

Thank you,

Ivan.

3 answers

0 votes
T I
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2013

You could do a groovy script and append it as a post-function in your workflow in the "Create"-transition.

For that you need the Script Runner Plugin that can be find on the Atlassian marketplace.

Tomasz,

I think this must be the way, but I just thought I could do it simply with JIRA tools

0 votes
Fahd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2013

Hi Ivan,

You can add a post function(Update Issue Field) in Create transition in the workflow to assign issue created to specific user - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Workflow+Configuration#AdvancedWorkflowConfiguration-Postfunctions

To find the Create transition, you can click on the first transition in your workflow and find it in the next page.

Cheers,
Fahd

Hello Muhammad,

Thing is I configured workflow so if person didn't change (in fact even if he/she changes assignee), post function "Update Issue Field" anyway assigned it to predefined user, for me it's `nobody'.

And Project Manager wants to be able to change assignee, or leave it to `nobody' if he desires to change assignee later, that's the case.

0 votes
T I
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2013

Tomasz,

Thank you for the fast feedback.  I'll take a look.

Suggest an answer