JIRA Creates two Entries with identical ID

Ian Pratley August 13, 2020

Hi - I have a strange issue that I can't see how to solve.

When I create a new Jira entry, either epic or story, when I click 'Create' after entering all my data, Jira creates two identical entries, both with the same ID - for example CLOUD-12345.

I have to select one of the entries and delete it.

This can't be right - what am I doing wrong please?

Thanks

Ian

5 answers

0 votes
Ian Pratley August 14, 2020

Duplicate 1.png

0 votes

I've found the advanced search - it only finds 1 item

0 votes

I don't know if I have add-ons - this is a work instance.

0 votes

Hi - Thanks for taking the time to answer - I'm struggling to follow the Advanced Search request - I don't seem to have Advanced Search - just a search box.

This happens every time I create an entry, Epic or Story, it always creates two, and shows them in different places in the list.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2020

Hi Ian, welcome to the Community. I never have experience such an issue. It is really hard to imagine this unless some nasty bug exists. Nonetheless let's dive in with some thoughts, questions, and actions.

• do you have any addons? This is the first thing I check when I see something really odd.
  • can you provide a screen shot of the duplicates? Specifically, a screenshot of the query results that shows duplicate issuekeys. Click on the Search bar, select Advanced search and enter the following JQL - issuekey = CLOUD-1234 (exchanging CLOUD-1234 for the actual duplicate key). Include columns: creator, summary, created date, etc.
  • assuming you do in fact see two issues in the above step, click on each one and provide a screenshot of each one.
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2020

Let’s keep the discussion in a single thread here. It appears to me that there actually isn’t a duplicate issue. You can confirm this by simply adding a comment to the ticket and then look at what you believe to be the dup. I expect you will see the comment there.

Suggest an answer