JIRA Core Cloud - Quick Filters

Ross Dammann November 6, 2017

We are using Jira Core Cloud for Project Management. On our kanban board, we have 2 filters - Assigned to Me and Due this Week. A few questions:

1. Can we customize those filters?

2. When I click 'Assigned to Me', no issues return, yet I am assigned to 8 issues

Thanks

Ross

3 answers

0 votes
Ross Dammann November 7, 2017

Thanks Nic. Where in JIRA Core can I check the definition for the Quick Filter? I know I can create my own custom filters, but I cannot apply those to the board. 

I know I have issues because when I type in my name in the search box, those issues appear. It's only when I click the 'Assigned to Me' quick filter.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2017

Quick filters belong to boards, they're not the standard saved filters in plain Jira.

You need to go to Board Config -> Quick filters.

Thanks nic. I dont believe jira core cloud has board configuration. I think software does

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2017

Ah, sorry, when people talk about boards, it's almost always Software ones.

No, you can't configure the business boards.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2017

Yes, including removing them and adding your own quick filters.

If "assigned to me" is not showing issues, then you don't have any on the board, or the quick filter is wrong.  Check the board filter is selecting them, and what the quick filter definition is.

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2017

Hi ,

As per my knowledge you can't modify these filters.

Looks like your issue status are not mapped in the board. Please check you board configuration and check the columns tab. May be your tickets status is not mapped to the any of the column.

Thanks Sreenivasaragu. How/where do I check the board configuration in JIRA Core Cloud to see if the ticket status is mapped to the columns?

Suggest an answer