JIRA/Confluence migration - will the hyperlinks survive?

Norbert Bittner July 10, 2013

Hi!

We started with a 10 User Lic of JIRA/Confluence/Greenhopper on a comparably small server for a small team.

We now will install new licenses to a new server, but we want to migrate the date from the old instance (that still will be in use afterwards) to the new.

It's vital for us to keep the hyperlinks in Confluence to JIRA and viceversa.

I have read the migration documents, but I find no hint that this will be the case? Does anybody know?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2013

Hi Norbert.

what exactly do you mean by keeping the hyperlinks in Confluence to Jira?

do you talk about applicationlinks between boths apps?

boths applications will be reachable at a new ServerBaseUrl which must be configured inside the application.

once this is done just delete the existing applicationlinks in jira and confluence and re-add it using the new baseurl.

Norbert Bittner July 10, 2013

Thanks for the reply.

I have to little knowledge on how the links in the documents are "constructed" (if this has to do with the things you mentioned like ServerBaseURL and applicationlinks): Whenn I insert a "JIRA Issue"-Macro in Confluence, I want this to point to the same JIRA-Issue in the new Instance and the "mentioned in" link in that issue point to that document in the new instance after the migration.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2013

i am pretty sure the jira issue macro will check for the applicationslink url so this should work flawless for you

Norbert Bittner August 4, 2013

We have migrated to a new server (including renaiming the URL). Everything worked out fine!

0 votes
Norbert Bittner August 4, 2013

I just learned that I can't set this to resolved - even so it is resolved!

Suggest an answer