JIRA Cloud software updates/roadmap

Deleted user August 22, 2017

Having recently started using JIRA Software (Cloud) we have noticed updates being applied to the platform without warning.  It is great that we always have the latest features, and bugs fixes/improvements - however we have also invested some time in simple guides for our teams to help them with common tasks.  If changes are being applied in production without warning, we don't have time to prepare - to update documentation or train people in these changes.  THe only page I can find about changes certainly doesn't show everything recently changed and I haven't found what is coming up / when.  For example I'm conscious that a new UI is being trialled - we've turned it off as it doesn't work well yet but sometime it will be enforced, but when?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2017

When you opt out, most Cloud systems are showing a message that the new UI will be turned on between the 24th and 31st August.  The implication is that that is the "enforced" date.

I'm afraid this sort of change is one of the "features" of Cloud - it's built to take rolling production updates as often as weekly, and there's no commitment to warning you unless it's a massive change (like the new UI)

Deleted user January 9, 2018

Is there anywhere to view the product backlog for JIRA Cloud though - it would at least be nice to see what has been changed / releases when it happens rather than discovering it when a user complains!  The ideal would be to see the upcoming changes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events