JIRA Cloud is Not allowing me to close an active sprint

jeremiahlandi June 15, 2021

Hello!

I have a JIRA Cloud Instance that I am trying to close a sprint on. I am the admin and have been able to do so in the past and still can on other projects.

This particular project requires me to close the current sprint and start a new sprint because of ticket chaos that occurred. I do not want to "delete" the "current" sprint I am closing if I can help it.

Sprint in question edit

image.png

And the options that I see:

image.png

Thank you for any help in advance. I would assume that the drop down would include a "close sprint" option but I know I am missing something.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

Check the permissions or the specific project under project settings to see if you have the necessary sprint permissions.

jeremiahlandi June 15, 2021

@Jack Brickey Can you be more specific? Is there a setting that a site admin would have to assign to them selves within the project settings?

Or are you saying there is a box that needs to be checked that allows for the deletion of "active" sprints?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

Is this a CMP or TMP? If CMP go to project settings > permissions, manage sprints 

Suggest an answer