JIRA (Cloud) - different WYSIWYG Editors on create and edit

p0cket0m March 12, 2020

When creating a new issue this WYSIWYG editor shows up, unfortunately it always thumbnails copy/paste screenshots....

6cc7cb53-4c5c-4718-8aad-44d65e2671c2.png

When editing this editor shows up, it is not the same like on create and has also a different behavior:

8943a60c-491c-4f6d-855d-1fdb4d7ee9f5.png

For me its the better editor because it supports direct copy/paste insertion of fullsize screenshots (without thumbnailing them). This is exactly what we miss a lot when creating new issues.

I want the WYSIWYG to be the same editor everywhere. How to set it up?

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2022

Hello everyone,

It’s been almost two years since I posted my answer and since then many things changed on Jira Cloud, including the addition of the new issue view for the create issue screen.

Our developers already started rolling out the feature and by the end of January, everyone will have the option to use this new view.

We committed to bringing this to our customers at the end of this calendar year and we are happy to announce that the new Issue Create will start rolling out to all customers starting 6th December 2021. As this is a key experience for our users in Jira, our rollout is going to be a cautious one so that we can closely monitor key stats and usage. We expect the rollout to be completed by the end of January 2022. So, if you don't see the new and improved Issue Create modal immediately, I request you to kindly wait till the changes propagate to your instance. 

The option to turn on and off this feature will be available on Profile picture > Personal settings > Jira labs.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 11.02.33.png

Please, watch the ticket below to receive all updates regarding this feature:

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Vincent DECAUX January 19, 2022

+1000, I am used to create my User Story on Confluence, then create a ticket on JIRA copy / pasting my content from Confluence.

The editor when you creating a ticket doesn't allow same format (for example, bullet lists).

This is not normal, and takes time for nothing.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2020

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The new issue view for the "Create issue" screen was not implemented yet. This is causing some bugs because the editor is different. 

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Juan Fortunato June 24, 2020

I'm shocked that consistent experience across creating and editing the same object is considered a feature that needs to be voted on to get implemented. 

It should be baked into the acceptance criteria for developing a new WYSIWYG. 

Like # people like this
Pavlo Poliakov August 27, 2020

I'm also shocked that this is something users should wait for. Because this actually makes the work more difficult, not easier.

Like # people like this
Gabriel Gatzsche October 30, 2020

Yea, its a UX desaster.

Like Mike L. likes this
Mathias Dirksmeier November 9, 2020

Agreed! Apparently you'll need to vote here now:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71890 

Like # people like this

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question