JIRA Cloud and Jira On Premise Interoperability

Enrico Berardi September 29, 2017

If I have a JIRA Cloud Service and also a Jira installation On Premise, can I make the two team interoperate together?

I would like to have shared accounts and be allowed to link issues between the two platform, or reassign an issue from platform 1 to a user in platform 2 and so on...

Thank you

4 answers

1 vote
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 29, 2017

There are a couple of synchronisation solutions available - check following link

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=issue+sync

Next to Backbone, Exalate is a synchronisation solution which provides flexibility and autonomy including cloud to cloud integrations.

Francis

PS.  I'm part of the team working on Exalate :-)

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2017

To sync issues between cloud and server you need an app, like Backbone Issue Sync for Jira

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2017

You can link between them, but the two systems are, well, two separate systems.  The closest you can get is to use the same SAML based user directory to provide the users to both systems, but deep down, both systems will be treating the users as effectively copies of each other.

Your best bet is not tight integration here, but synchronisation.  Go with Mikael and Francis' answers.

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2017

Suggest an answer