JIRA Cloud alternate for creating a Priority Scheme

Marcos Pitre December 4, 2017

JIRA server offers ability to create Priority Scheme so that you can set custom priorities and attach to specific projects. Any alternatives in cloud version? Is this feature on the list of future enhancements?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2018

Hi Marcos, I'm seeing your question now, so I want to close the loop. You can watch this issue to be notified when they release this feature for Cloud. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-3821

From the issue: "At this time, we do not plan to support priority schemes in Jira Cloud. We are working hard to address this and many other feature requests related to project configuration in Jira Cloud, however the specific features and timeline will vary between Jira Cloud and Jira Server. We will provide another update here when we are ready to introduce support for per-project priorities in Jira Cloud."

Hope this helps,

Carolyn

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2018

Thanks for the info but it doesn't actually help. Can you explain how "At this time, we do not plan to support priority schemes in Jira Cloud" and "We will provide another update here when we are ready to introduce support for per-project priorities in Jira Cloud" can be simultaneously true? 

It would be helpful to know if Atlassian plans to continue to roll out features to one set of users but not another. That information would help me decide if I need to look for a new product that is less likely to #%$^@ the customer. 

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2018

oops! I didn't realized you're not an Atlassian employee. Sorry! 

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2018

No worries- I realized I should have used the "block quote" format to make it clear that I was quoting off the ticket itself! I learned my lesson :)

2018-07-11_1231.png

You can leave your comments on the issue itself so it can reach more people. As you realized, I'm just a lowly Community Champion volunteer :)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer