JIRA Cloud - Link the same issue to Multiple Project

Kuo-Sheng Tsai May 18, 2016

Hi,

I am wondering how I can assign a issue that is affecting multiple projects?

I have found a thread that is discussing the same question but the add-on that seems to solve this issue are only

for JIRA Server version:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/48509/how-do-others-work-with-issues-affecting-multiple-projects

Thanks,

Jason

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2016

Nope, an issue belongs in a single project. (The structure add-on doesn't really "solve" this particular case either - there isn't really a solution because an issue like that should be tracked in one place and Referred to in others)

Kuo-Sheng Tsai May 18, 2016

Hi Nic,

Thanks for replying.

Could you please let me know what is the " Referred to in others" function?

======================================================

Please allow me to elaborate my question.

Here is a example of our current situation:

Our development has a few JIRA projects assigned based on the team functionality:

A

B

C….

When each team finds a bug, they usually post it on their respective project board.  Say the A guy found a bug, he’ll naturally post it on the A board to track it.  But if the bug involves the B, he can access the bug, but it won’t show up on his working board (B).  In such a situation, the B guy would need to look at both A and B board in order to keep track of the bugs that involve him.

Do you know if there’s a way or a better methodology to consolidate bug tracking?

======================================================

Thanks,

Jason

Suggest an answer