JIRA Cloud - JWT - Create Issue automatically by using post transition

Guhan February 27, 2020

I am using Jira Workflow Tools add on to create issues automatically based on a transition. It creates the issues as expected. However, it creates in the same SPRINT and there is no field to set the value to what I want. Requirement is to create the issue automatically in Backlog and not in the current Sprint. Did anyone experience this before? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Julian Riedinger _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2020

Hey @Guhan

thank you for your request! Since this service is very new, not all functions known from the server version are available yet. Our documentation provides a quick overview of what is currently possible and where we are working on.

Currently, you can only configure default fields for creating an issue within a transition. We are currently working on the custom field support which is going to be released within the near future. With this new release, you will be able to set the Sprint field as well.

I'm very sorry about, that I can't provide you a workaround for this yet.

Hope this helps to answer at least your question and hope you stay tuned for the upcoming release

Cheers,

Julian

Guhan February 28, 2020

@Julian Riedinger _Decadis AG_ Julian, Thanks for the quick response. Appreciate it. I do understand the limitations of Cloud as I had administered 250 Tier Enterprise version of JIRA for many years and this is the first time using Cloud version. While I understand that your team may be working on the feature, creating multiple issues within the same sprint causes Scope Creep for me. May be I will see if I can add Component as a field in your product, group the newly created issues within the Component, filter them once in a day and Bulk update to remove the Sprint. I could not think off a better way for now. Anyway, thanks for your support. 

0 votes
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 1, 2020

Hi @Guhan ,

I know it's been a while, but in case you didn't already come across, the latest releases of JWT for Jira Cloud, tons of features have been shipped in the meantime including support for updating the sprint field.

That said: have you been successful in implementing your use case?

Cheers
Thorsten

Suggest an answer