JIRA Cloud - Issue Detail View no longer has Log Work option

Robert Preston November 13, 2017

Before this weekend I was able to click on a ticket in a swimlane of an Active Sprint and with Detail View enabled the ticket details would appear in a sidebar to the right of the screen. This included three dots at the top of the view which, when clicked, would have a list of menu options which included Log Work.

This has all changed as of this morning.

Now when I click on a ticket in a swimlane it opens up a pop-up window and there is no option to Log Work. I still have the three dots but when I click them I now only have options to Move, Clone or Delete the ticket. The only way I can log work now is by right-clicking on a ticket to open it either in a new tab or a new window.

I am hoping this is something that can be resolved by a config change as this has just made life more difficult for all of my users.

3 answers

0 votes

Permissions to log work are granted to all logged-in users. Also, they can log work if they open the ticket in a new window/tab. The issue is that doing that is the only way they can log work.

If the window that now opens by default when clicking on a ticket (instead of the detail view opening on the right of the page) allowed time to be logged there then my users would all be happy, but the fact that they can't just click a ticket and then log time has got them all asking me why it was changed as they're not happy at all....

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2017

Ok, permissions are fine.  I assume this is a Cloud installation?

If so, then Atlassian have removed the options from that menu.  I couldn't tell you why, it seems like a bad idea to remove it to me.

0 votes

It is doing it in all Projects and was observed first thing this morning - everything was behaving normally on Friday. There was nobody in the office to make changes over the weekend so I am assuming that there may have been an update to JIRA that has changed behaviour ?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2017

This sounds like someone changed the permissions of the project.  Could you check the permission scheme, and your account's membership in the project?

Suggest an answer