JIRA Cloud Fedramp?

David Williams June 1, 2015

Does anyone know that when JIRA is hosted in the cloud, is it fedramp certified?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2015

Hi, David.

I couldn't find anything about Atlassian Cloud and Fedramp, but this security page may be useful.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

Dr. P September 3, 2019

I can't find anything regarding FedRAMP certification for Atlassian Cloud either.  This is a very important matter for my entire team.   

If anyone could please provide a link so that I can start helping my group work through this, I would really appreciate it.  Last thing I want to do is get caught flat-footed on this.

Thank you all

0 votes
Jason Johnson April 14, 2020

Atlassian has not gone through the FEDRAMP process. We actually researched using the SAAS offerings a few years ago and it was not beginning the process so we stuck to the self hosted option. 

You can search applications here that are and in progress.

https://marketplace.fedramp.gov/#/products

Ryan Nelson April 17, 2020

@Jason Johnson do you know of any Atlassian alternatives that are FedRamp approved? Or, are you saying that the self hosted option has allowed you to mitigate the concern?

Hassan Hashmi November 3, 2020

Following this thread, any update. As Jira Server starts to sunset, what alternatives are there. For our specific use case Jira Data Center is one of the options, but we don't have that many users and its too costly. 

Jason Johnson November 3, 2020

We use the DataCenter version of it currently and mitigate the risk by hosting it ourself. @Ryan Nelson here a list of everything https://marketplace.fedramp.gov Trello is on there kind of similar. Im not sure why Atlassian has not even started this proccess with the large number of people wanting to use it.  

jghurst November 5, 2020

Is there any hope for us small businesses that need a FEDRAMP compliant cloud resource?  Are we expected to purchase a 500 user Data Center license for multiple Atlassian tools for less than 30 users? 

Elijah Lofgren November 25, 2020

Found an update on this thread: Nov 10, 2020 (atlassian.com)

Suggest an answer