JIRA Cloud: Editing original estimate

Duco Zitman August 18, 2015

How can I edit the original estimation after an issue has been created? I already checked to see if the legacy mode was ticked, it is not. Is there any other option Im missing? I can edit the remaining / logged, but the estimated stays on "Not Specified".

Thanks in advance, 

Duco

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Duco Zitman August 18, 2015

I found out that if you press "e" on an issue you can edit it from there. Though I would expect a edit button on the issue screen itself, near the time tracking bars. 

@Ignacio Pulgar, thanks. I checked that option, it was already disabled. 

1 vote
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2015

@Duco Zitman:

I have tested it and you are absolutely right!

Clicking on the Edit button you cannot edit the Original Estimate field (it's not even shown), but it is shown and editable by pressing the shortcut 'e'.

Looks like a minor bug... What do you think?

1 vote
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2015

Extract from official documentation:

If JIRA's Time Tracking feature is in Legacy Mode and work has not yet been logged on the issue, you will see the Original Estimate field. However, once work has been logged, you will only see the Remaining Estimate field.

From Legacy Mode:

If Legacy Mode is enabled, your users can only specify an Original Estimate before they start logging work on an issue. This value cannot be changed once any work has been logged, unless all work logs for that issue are first deleted.

1 vote
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2015

Did you add the Time Tracking field to your screens?

Suggest an answer