JIRA Cloud: Can PDF reports be generated based on a template, including charts and gadgets?

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2016

I would like to be able to automatically generate a PDF based on a template, with information from issues matching several JQLs as well as some charts and contents from some gadgets.

An ideal solution would allow to build reports much like iReport can do against a queryable database.

Are there any solutions to achive this on Cloud?
(ie: addons, workaround in Confluence, external app + external database + API calls...)

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2019

Better PDF Exporter for Jira Cloud supports most of those that you mentioned:

1. report templates
  2. executing JQL queries
  3. drawing charts (and any sort of graphics)

You will be able to build really powerful reports using this toolset, like this example:

jira-time-in-status-report

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2016

I'm not aware of any add-ons that could do anything like that (and you won't get access to the database).  You would probably have to write something that can scrape the data you need over REST and reformat it.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2016

Thanks, Nic! That's what I'm afraid of. I've stumbled upon Jirassimo addon, but it seems not to be a solution for what I need.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2016

+1'ed your response, but will leave this answer open for the moment, just in case anyone knows of a solution.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2016

The solution I'm going to bet for is using a Confluence global template.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2016

I went too fast, assuming that Confluence variables could be used within macros. As that doesn't seem to be the case, I will accept your answer as currently being the most accurate one.

1 vote
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2016

PDF View Plugin offers all the features you mentioned (a probably a lot more like supporting dashboards, Scrum boards, automations, etc.) for hosted JIRA instances.

If you are interested in the cloud version of this, vote to the public feature request, add a comment about your needs / use case and follow the updates there.

Suggest an answer