JIRA Cloud - 2x custom fields to pick project users are 'padlocked' for 'jira-users' but not administrator - I need them unlocked! help!

Kara Kennedy March 9, 2015

I have an issue screen containing all customized fields.  I have 2 particular fields 'Assigned to' and 'detected by' which should allow all users to pick fellow project users from a pick list (like 'Assignee' field does).  Unfortunately, these fields are locked with a padlock for any user other than Administrator - I need them unlocked - please help! Thank you... Kara (rhymes with Sarah)JIRA - user who gets padlocks.jpgJIRA permissions.jpg

JIRA padlocked user fields.jpg

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Nic,  I have done so - they are user pick lists that work perfectly fine when I am logged in as an administrator, but are unavailable to all other users belonging to the jira-users group.  I need these users to access the fields too.

See additional screen shots

JIRA - field config - Detected By-Assigned To - User Picker.jpg

JIRA - custom field setting for Assigned To.jpg

JIRA - custom field setting for Detected By.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2015

Hmm. Ok, can you check who has "browse users" in your global permissions? If it's just "administrators", could you *temporarily* add a group to it to see if a user in that group can now use the fields?

Nic, you are a SUPER LEGEND! this has had me (frustratingly!) stumped for days now...and voila! you have sorted it. I cant thank you enough! my settings were defaulted to have only 'jira-developers' to browse users, rather than 'jira-users'. once I added that group to browse users, it worked. H O O R A Y Y Y Y ! Cheers, Kara

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2015

Could you have a look at what type of fields these are in the list of custom fields?  And check over the configuration you have set for them in there too?

Suggest an answer