New issues don't show up in either the sprint or the backlog; and neither do existing ones, except for one.I tried creating a new issue directly from the backlog, and it still didn't show up. Instead, it gave a message that it was filtered. As far as I can tell, there are no active filters in the backlog (epic, version, quick filters).
Also, I checked the board filter is
project = <Project NAME> ORDER BY Rank ASC, which is correct: In fact, all of my issues show up on the filter page; just not on the board itself.
This happened after I changed the workflow associated with my project (from "simple" to "default"). I thought it would sort itself out by the next sprint, but then when I tried to close the sprint, it said no issues had been resolved, even though there were several completed, which had been attached to the sprint prior to the change.
Edit: Based on Nic's input, I'm pretty sure this is caused by the state of my Columns and mapped statuses. When I checked, there were several mapped statuses; however, none of them were from my new workflow; they were all left over from the Software Simplified workflow, which I switched from.
However, there are no unmapped statuses; and when I unmapped the existing ones, they disappeared. If I could remap issue statuses from my current workflow to the board columns, that would be magically delicious.
Re-indexing did not help.
Edit: I've recreated my project, and started fresh. It now works; however, I'm leaving the original project intact, so any new solutions can still be tested. (I'd still love to know what went wrong, and have a useful answer here.)
A board has a filter behind it, quite often "project = X", but they can be more complex. Check out the board configuration page, the filter will be near the bottom.
Then check out the columns - make sure there are no "unmapped" status.
I found the columns on the board configuration page, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I do believe this is very much related, however: It says that "Software Simplified Workflow" is unavailable, which happened because I changed the board.
There were several statuses mapped; however, they come from the wrong workflow. "TODO" instead of "Open"; "Done" instead of "Resolved/Closed", for example. How do I create new statuses to add to the columns? Thanks!
Ok, that's good, and the working filter is even better.
Now, you're saying "not on the board" - some more simple questions:
The board will show you all the status available to the projects the board filter includes. It's not a case of the wrong workflow, you've included a workflow with those status.
To create new status, edit the workflows for the project(s) adding the status you need.
Ok, that makes sense. I am using whatever kind of board the installation wizard set up for me; however, I created a new scrum board for the same project. I can see several statuses when I look at the issue configuration; however, I cannot see these as "unmapped" from the board's columns configuration.
I have two new boards, a kanban and scrum board, both with the original columns ("TODO", "In Progress", "Done") from the simplified workflow. No statuses show in any of the three. The statuses I'm using come from the default JIRA workflow ("Open", "In Progress", "Resolved", etc). I'd like to set up 4 columns, Open/ReOpened; In progress; Resolved; and Closed, and that's what I did for the original board, before I realized my statuses weren't coming back (and probably were already invalid).
Ok, could you look at the "workflow scheme" for the project (I'm assuming there's only one project in there). Get the list of workflows in use in there (there might only be one, that's fine).
Now go to the full list of workflows, and for each workflow used in the scheme, nip into it and note all the status. Now go back to the board and look at the "columns" configuration - the status available there should include all the status on your list.
If that is correct, then make sure all of them are in columns
I was facing a similar issue and when I went to board settings, I was able to see that I had few statuses that were not mapped and hence the issues disappeared.
When I dragged and dropped the statuses in the correct status they should be in, I was able to see the issues again.
Thank you, Nic!
I ran into this same problem and Jira-support helped me out.
One cause could be that your Status types need to be assigned to your Kanban Board column. Do this by going to your Kanban Board section of your project, and hit the button in the upper right hand corner with the three dots: select "Board settings"
One the left you'll see section options: choose "Columns"
Now you'll see a graphic version of your Kanban board. Drag all Status-type-boxes from the right most column into the appropriate Kanban column.
Upon going back to my Kanban Board, everything displayed properly.
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :). In the spirit of this month's august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs