JIRA - Changing User Names

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2013

Is there a way to change usernames in JIRA similar to the following document?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF51/Changing+Usernames

I was able to successfully follow this process and get everything in Confluence converted without issues and was hoping there was a similar way to do this for JIRA 6.0.

Thanks,

Trevor

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2013

I did. It looks like there's a change I'll need to make in the system variables so I can edit the property since I've already connected LDAP to JIRA.

See: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=358908194

Thanks for everything on this one.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2013

In JIRA6, it is easier. https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Preparing+for+JIRA+6.0#PreparingforJIRA6.0-RenameUsers

Just go to User Management and "Edit" user.

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2013

Thank you so much for the quick response! One more question. What should I do if I want to remap ownership of the existing user's content to one from an LDAP server?

On another note, it appears that when I go in and click edit for the user, I only get the option to change Full Name, Email, and check or uncheck the Active Box.

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2013

You won't be able to change an LDAP username from JIRA unless maybe it is a "Read/Write" directory. You can do it in internal directory.

If the username is same in both LDAP and internal directory, changing the order of directories will change the ownership.

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2013

Ok, a little background. I have two user names for some users because they were created in an OnDemand instance prior to migrating to a locally hosted instance. I want to change their old JIRA Directory usernames to their corresponding LDAP usernames to "merge" the two so users have a single login.

Also, it appears that when I go in and click edit for the user, I only get the option to change Full Name, Email, and check or uncheck the Active Box.

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2013

Did you already migrate to downloaded version. In onDemand, renaming option is restricted I guess.

Suggest an answer