JIRA: Change the link of a project

Pangianto Pang September 10, 2012

Hi,

I need to change the link when user click on a project on the JIRA dashboard?

Many thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2012

There's not enough information to begin to answer this. Could you explain - what link? Where is it, what does it do?

Pangianto Pang September 10, 2012

once a project is selected, instead to go to the project summary, go to a particular dashboard page.

Because one of my superior does not like the project summary page layout / display.

I have a strange request, i must admit. :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2012

Mmm, the request doesn't make sense to me, the project summaries are the sane place to land a project link.

On the technical side, you can't link to a dashboard page, because they are designed by users, so there's no fixed target to aim at. The project has no way of knowing that "user X has a random dashboard Y that he wants to land on". The dashboard is available by clicking the logo at the top left ;-)

I'd also add a link into the project description if they insist, bearing in mind it'll break if the dashboard is removed/hidden

Pangianto Pang September 11, 2012

Nic,it makes sense.

I will tell the users and discuss a work around.

User does not know the contraints of support staff :(

Suggest an answer