JIRA - Change Default Project Schemes

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2012

Hi,

As you probably know when adding a new project JIRA is automaticaly assigning default schemes to this project after creation.

After I created a project I need to manually assign my custom schemes that are always the same for every new project

I was wondering it is possible to change some seetings to use custom schemes automaticaly after project will be created.

It will save a lot of time..

Thank you very much for your help!

-Mirek

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2012

Hi,

you could create sort of a project template and copy it using the Script Runner Plugin

https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Cheers Christian

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2012

Yes, it has a copy project built-in function.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2012

OK thanks!

So you are saing that there is now way to just go and edit a velocity file or an entry in the database to have new defaults? For example go and change "Default Issue Type Screen Scheme" or its ID to something else?

If not .. were are those informations are stored then? ..

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2012

Old post but... it's quite common that the default is just a null value, which maps to eg the default issue type scheme. Changing it would be relatively painful. More easy to just build your own "new project" functionality that creates the project with the defaults that you want. More easy, but probably still difficult enough to not be worth it.

1 vote
Milo Chan May 19, 2017

Is there really no way to select another default permission scheme that new projects automatically use, other than to use an marketplace add-on to create new projects?

Nicolas Seronvalle May 31, 2017

Hi, 

When you create a project you can select "Create with shared configuration" at the bottom of the screen. This allow you to use all schemes of one project to be used in the newly created project. 

Some more explanations here https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/defining-a-project-861253214.html

Like Ashley Thompson likes this
Milo Chan June 21, 2017

Thanks, but I was hoping to update the defaults so that a user creating a new project would not need to do anything proactive to select the "correct" configuration.

Like # people like this
Daniel November 25, 2020

Welcome to Atlassian, where the features are all plugins.

Suggest an answer