JIRA: Can the display of multiselect and checkbox field types be sorted?

David Mahoney September 21, 2012

Is there any way you know of to sort the display of values stored in a multiselect or checkbox field type? I have the list of checkboxes sorted already on the create and edit screens, but on the display screen, the values are showing up in no particular order.

Thanks!

Dave

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Mahoney October 24, 2012

From what I could tell, there is no way to sort this data, nor is it displayed in any intelligible order. The order in which the field values were originally added to the menu has no bearing. The order in which the values are selected has no bearing. Seems totally random.

Robin Knowlton June 30, 2013

I found your statements to be true as well. Its been several months since you asked this question. Did you ever find a solution that would display the values in the sorted order?

David Mahoney July 1, 2013

No solution. Still annoying ;)

0 votes
Pooja Singh November 2, 2020

Hi @David Mahoney 

Just in case if this is not answered yet.

The select list and checkbox values can be sorted by going to the custom field's configurations through admin panel -> issues -> custom fields.

On the configuration page click on "Edit options".

You should see an option to sort the values "Sort options alphabetically".

Please ignore if already solved.

Thanks & Regards,

Pooja

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2012

Hi, I believe they are sorted based on how you've configured the custom field. The order appears in the order you have set the options.

Suggest an answer