JIRA - CROWD synchronization does not remove groups removed from crowd

alexander_eller June 19, 2017

we use JIRA 6.2.7 (rather old) with CROWD 2.7.2. Users are maintained only in CROWD.  Now we deleted the group membership of 26 users from one group in CROWD (all users of the group). They were removed in CROWD (users are there, group is there, but empty) - in JIRA the users are there AND the membership is still there ... JIRA was restarted, synchronisation was switched from incremental to non-incremental and started manual several times. If we try to delete the membership in JIRA manualle, the system complains, that the directory is write protected (which makes sense, as we want the maintainance strictly in CROWD). Even if we delete the whole group in CROWD, this does not affect JIRA ....

In desperation I searched the internet and found an issue "JRASERVER-36541" (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-36541) which sounds similiar. But the issue is marked as "resolved" and the solution was "Support Request" ... hmmm

So - has anybody an idea what we are doing wrong? What was the solution of the issue JRASERVER-36541?

Thnx, Aex

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2017

Hi Alexander,

I checked to see what the resolution was in the Support Ticket but I didn't find anything that would be too useful.  If you're still experiencing this issue I would check the CROWD logs and the JIRA logs at the time the groups were removed from CROWD and see what the CROWD, JIRA_INSTALL/logs/catalina.out and the JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log report.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer