JIRA CLOUD - Custom Fields created by Users

Sahan Cloud March 22, 2018

Hi Team,

Is there any way to differentiate JIRA's inbuilt fields/custom fields and the new custom fields that are created by Users? 

I have a requirement to filter out inbuilt custom fields and get only the custom fields that are create by users.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2018

Depends on where and why you're trying to do it.

Why do you need to differentiate between them?  Why does it matter in whatever you are trying to achieve?

Sahan Cloud March 22, 2018

Hi Nic,

I have a drop down in my plugin that should only display the new custom fields that are create by users. I need hide all the out of the box JIRA custom fields. So, I need to have a if condition to check some property and filter those out.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2018

Repeating the "I want" is meaningless, please explain why?  Why does it matter in whatever you are trying to achieve?  What do the users get out of it?

Suggest an answer