JIRA CLI unable to identify few users.

Alok Singh December 12, 2013

We are using JIRA CLI for regular CSV Upload and in the properties file we are also mapping the users. This is working right for few user and not working for few users. I am getting the error as

Remote error: com.atlassian.jira.rpc.exception.RemoteValidationException: {reporter=The reporter specified is not a user}

2 answers

0 votes
Alok Singh December 17, 2013

It was giving error because we were using val instead of value for few users. It's working fine now.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2013

Difficult to say what is wrong without seeing what you're running, but it's quite likely that the error is down to the user mapping. The error is pretty clear - Jira is saying that the reporter you are specifying for an issue does not exist, which implies your data is incorrect.

Alok Singh December 12, 2013

Hi Nic,

In my import.properties file I have written

value.assignee.user1FirstName\ lastName = jirausername

value.reporter.user1FirstName\ lastName = jirausername

value.assignee.user2FirstName\ lastName = jirausername

value.reporter.user2FirstName\ lastName = jirausername

It's working fine for first user but it shows the above mentioned error for 2nd user.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2013

Import file looks ok then. So there's two things that could be wrong

1. Unusual characters in the username for person 2 that Jira can't map

2. person 2 does not exist in Jira

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2013

If you are still having problems, open an issue and attach your properties and a simple version of your import csv that demonstrates the error. Also indicate version of JIRA.

Suggest an answer