JIRA CLI runfromsql error

Prakash Ganeshan February 2, 2015

I am running the below query from JIRA CLI.  I am getting result of the query along with some error.

I am using JIRA 6.3.11, CLI 3.0.0 and oracle database.

Below is the CLI command I am running.

jira --action runFromSql --sql "select count(*) from jiraissue" --host "hostname" --driver "oracle" --database "databasename" --dbUser "username" --dbPassword "password"

I am getting the result of the query along with the error message.

Run: --cOUNT(*) "169347"

Error: Unknown flag 'cOUNT(*)'.
Error: Unexpected argument: 169347
Error: Parameter 'action' is required.

Client error: 1 actions failed

Please help me to fix this error.

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2015

runFromSql is used to run a specific CLI action for each row from the result set. What action where you intending to run for your scenario? Your query isn't producing a valid action and so your are getting an error trying run it. Examples as a simply example.

Hi Bob Swift, I am trying to get the count of the issues in my jira instance and I am trying to run query in DB to get the count. Please let me know how do I change the command ??

I don't want to run any CLI action for the value returned by the query, My query just retuns the number of tickets (169347 in my case) and I dont want to run any CLI actions on this value.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2015

You don't need the CLI to run a query :)

Suggest an answer