JIRA CLI cannot fetch users in group

Petru Dumuta October 23, 2013

Hi,

I use the JIRA CLI addon to fetch information regarding the users that belong to a group. For that I use the:

jira-cli-3.3.0>jira.bat -u [user] -p [password] -s [server] --action getUserList --group [group] command. This seemed to work OK in the past however now I get the:

Remote error: com.atlassian.jira.rpc.exception.RemotePermissionException: You do not have permission to get a group.

error when using it. I think that the only thing that could cause this would be the lack of the "Browse Users" global permission for that user but this is not the case here.

Have you bumped into this issue? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Petru

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2013

What changed between the time it worked and the time is didn't work? Same user? Did the permissions change? Did you upgrade JIRA? Is the user an administrator? Open an issue if you still have a problem.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2013

Follow JCLI-434

Suggest an answer