JIRA CLI CSV export questions

Rachael Lanier January 28, 2014

I am currently evaluating the JIRA CLI Client to see if it will help with some automation tasks and I'm having trouble figuring out a couple of things.

First, I cannot seem to get the Issue Type field to export. I'm using the "columns" attribute to designate what I want in the file...all the fields export except the Issue Type. I've tried "Issue Type", "issuetype","T", and the ID# for the column name. So I'm stuck on that.

Second, for several of the default fields (like Status, Priority, etc.), I'm getting a combination of data - the value and the ID in parenthesis. But for the Version, I'm just getting the ID and not the version name. Do I have any control over the output? I looked through the other attributes in the documentation, but didn't find anything that looked like it would cover it. I need it to export like it would if I exported the filter directly out of JIRA, which would give me just the values. We send this data to a vendor, so the IDs are worthless to them.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Rachael

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2014
  1. Use Type. I recommended running the action first with NO columns parameter to see the column names and make sure your subsetting by columns is correct.
  2. Currently, there is no option for different layout of the field values. Please open an issue and we can see about providing a format option.

Suggest an answer