JIRA- Business Project: How to add a custom field into the task which we could see in the board ?

Deligne August 30, 2017

Hello,

I'm new to the JIRA community and the JIRA software. My work place is using the JIRA software for development purposes. Yet, I want to use it for Business purposes. Therefore, I'm trying to get used to the JIRA software Business part.

I will have a lot of different questions since I'm starting to learn how to use this software for Business purposes. If you have available any guide for Business, such as How can JIRA help you manage your different tasks concerning different country markets,etc, I will gladly read them.

Here is my first question: How to add a custom field into the task which we could see in the board ?

For example: I have a task concerning the chinese market and I would like that information into this task we can see that it's related to the chinese market. In the same way that we can see the task priority of a task in the JIRA software project.

My second question: How to create a sprint in the JIRA business project ?

For example: I have a lot of different project concerning different market. This month, I would like to focus on the task of the Taiwan and Vietnam market. Therefore, I would like to see only the task related to these market on a unique page.

Thank you very much for reading my message,

I hope i made it clear. (Picture for clarity)Image explication.png

Have a good day.

1 answer

0 votes
Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2017

First of all you cant do Sprints in a JIRA business project you will have to convert the project to JIRA software which will allow you to create a SCRUM board. We use JIRA Software for technical and business projects all the time as it is much more powerfull and gives us scrum and kanban boards. Just create you new custom field and make sure its added to the screens you are using in the project then you need to go to the board and make sure it shows up there. You cant do this in a business project but you can in a software project. 

Deligne August 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I understand, I will do that then. Have a good day.

Suggest an answer